The purpose of this site is to document the process and progress of the digital preservation of a select collection of T. Enami Lantern Slides from the mid-1890's to approximately 1905/6.
c. 1909 Portrait, by K. Ogawa
Courtesy: Rob Oechsle
a.k.a. 'Okinawa Soba' on Flickr
T. Enami, (1859 – 1929), Photographer
- His English 'Trade name' in Japan was T. Enami
- Born, Enami Nobukuni ( 江南 信國 ) in Edo Japan (Tokyo) on February 17th, 1859
- Westernised as: Nobukuni Enami
- Opened his first commercial photo studio in April of 1892, at No.9 Benten-Dori in Yokohama
- He was active through both the Meiji and Taishō eras, and worked until the year of his death, on April 16th, 1929, at the age of 70
The collection I hold consists of 124 hand-colored glass lantern slides in 3¼" x 4" format, with the vast majority of them in nearly flawless image conditions and with pristine color saturation.